Monday, March 16, 2009

Our Vocational Study Trip

My last vocational study trip was to Paccar Parts and Leyland Truck Assembly. Mr. Peter Zak, the Logistics Director is kind enough to brief me on business models for Paccar Parts and Leyland Truck Assembly. I am impressed by the scale of Paccar Parts Warehouse and its operation. Of course, the big WOW would be the truck assembly line. For the first time, I was exposed to the truck assembly line and it is HUGE.


Torotrak Ltd. specialized in traction-related R&D. It owns R&D and testing center that are sophisticated. I was impressed by the sophistication of equipment and investment spent as explained by Mr. Phil Winter. It opens my eyes on world of R&D.



You can find the enterpreneur spirit in Alan Myerscough which he started his automotive career 25 years ago. His achievement been ownership of Ford Sales and Service. Surely, he had come a long way.





Talk about James Bond, BMW would come to your mind. My next vocational study was to Lloyd BMW. Lloyd is a family business which is strongly positioned in Cumbria. It has branches elsewhere in UK too. It owns several luxury flagships. The General Sales Manager - Craig greeted me with sunshine smile. And I learnt some practices that are out-of-the-box from the management team. I find the ideas useful and will share with my colleagues later.





Toyota - the world famous brand. I was greeted by host who later introduced me and Dave to the manager. We were impressed by the nicely done showrooom in par to high standard (gamestation obviously attracted my attention). Dave and I had test drive session together.








As I stepped into MultiPart Solutions Private Limited, the Managing Director - Chris welcomed me to the conference room. Wow! Could you imagaine MD welcoming you for the visit. I am honoured. MultiPart is 4th Party Logistics company specialized in commercial and defence parts. Lately, they expanded MSys Database as an value-added or outsource services to customers from water industry to vehicle industry. What a wonderful visit as I was impressed by the scale and scope of its business! As in the photo, I was amazed by few storeys parts storage, combi-trucks, lean lift, etc. Could you imagine they deliver small item such as nuts to big item such as head of the truck!

No comments:

Post a Comment