Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Day Jessy became a Veitch

Am quite taken with the road names here, I stay on Forest Way now, in Leyland. And I have to mention that the GSE Coord. Richard Bird stays @ The Hoo!!! Awesome.

Meet Ron (he doesn't respond to Earnest, nor to Charlie either I presume... :))



and darling Ann, of whom I have managed to bully into making me apple crumble with CUSTARD!!! (Yum Yum)



and home!



As soon as I've settled down, the Veitch's took me to Rufford Old Hall, part of the care of the National Trust. It's one of Lancashire's finest 16th century Tudor buildings, famed for the fact that a then very young Shakespeare is said to have performed there.

From the front driveway



In the courtyard


Sculptural Landscaping



another sculpture like thing on the grounds ;)



Later in the evening, we attended an evening of live music performance, an annual concert by the youth in Preston organized by the Rotary Club of Preston. It was an amazing effort and performance, a real showcase of local talents. It was held at the Guild Hall in Preston and I absolutely enjoyed the contemporary interpretation of favourite tunes such as Final Countdown, Mama Mia (is there no other musical craze in the world right now?!)and some classical jazz tunes such as Fly me to the Moon.







That's a very tired me, logging off.

Ok, One more photo for a taste of what I did the next day.......



I'm sure you can guess it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment